In a previous post, we shared that actor Charlie Sheen has voluntarily sought help for his issues and checked into a rehab facility. In an exclusive report, RadarOnline.com, one of the first to break the news regarding Sheenâ€™s decision to go into rehab, shared that the actor had sent a text message to RadarOnline Senior Executive Editor Dylan Howard, around the time that the announcement was made.
Sheen reportedly said the following in the message: â€œIâ€™m fineâ€¦ People donâ€™t seem to get itâ€¦ Guy canâ€™t have a good time and do his job also?â€
Reports of the actorâ€™s decision to go into rehab came after news that he had landed in the hospital after a wild party with porn stars, where he reportedly spend days smoking and snorting cocaine. RadarOnline reported further that Sheen was anemic, had an elevated white cell blood count, and was dehydrated.
A friend of Sheenâ€™s had insisted, however, that he had been taken by ambulance early on Thursday to the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for a hernia. He was released from the hospital Thursday night, after receiving treatment for what doctors suspected was an ulceration, according to the report.
Sheen was said to have been convinced by his father, Martin, as well as CBS, his employer, to seek help. CBS had announced that Sheenâ€™s hit TV show, Two and a Half Men, was going on a production hiatus while Sheen tries to work on his issues.
The text message sent by Sheen to Howard was received at 4:23 pm PT. It was unclear as to whether he had already checked into the undisclosed rehab facility at the time that Howard received the message.