One of the biggest hidden dangers in your home could be carbon monoxide. It’s a colorless, odorless gas, that when leaked into your home, can cause illness, fainting and even death. It’s so dangerous that you should really test your home. You never know what could be lurking in the air you breathe.
If you experience any of these symptoms, you may have a carbon monoxide leak:
– Chest pain
You may also feel as though you have the flu when at home, but once you leave the house, the symptoms lessen.
In order to ensure your home’s CO levels are within acceptable limits you can:
– Make sure your appliances are adjusted properly.
– Open flues when you use the fireplace.
– Never leave the car running in the garage.
– Have your appliances and heating systems check by professionals.
– Use an at-home carbon monoxide testing kit.
If you follow these steps, you will do much to keep your family safe from this invisible health hazard.